LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATION
Oops so this is long overdue… I have been nominated for the Liebster Award from two amazing ladies: Hu’s that girl and The Mauritian Geographer. Thank you for the nominations ladies!
Usually, selected bloggers are to answer 11 questions about themselves, but since I’ve lacked, I’ve got double duty! At the end of this, I will nominate 4 more bloggers and 11 new questions!
I guess it’s time to learn about me… who I was before becoming an expat and who I am now that I live in Stockholm.
From Miss Tina of Hu’s that girl:
1. When you were little, what did you want to grow up to be?
I have a terrible recollection of my childhood and it’s so spotty BUT I do remember saying that I wanted to be a pharmacist in grade 6… HAHA… What were you thinking back then little Jocie?
2. What was the first country you wanted to travel to?
Hmm from childhood?
I am thinking maybe to Hong Kong because my mom’s family is all there and we would speak to my grandma regularly…and they would always try to tempt me by asking what I wanted to receive as gifts – the true Asian way! Or perhaps to Disneyland or Hawaii (yes I know those are not countries) because everyone around the age 7-8 started going to those two spots.
3. What WAS the first country you travelled to?
Without counting my immigration to Canada as a baby… The United States of AMERICA! I went to Disneyland when I was 8 and recall that each Disney character had a lot of difficulties using the pen I had for autographs… wasn’t a clicky but a twisty…
4. Peanut butter or Nutella?
Peanut Butter. Nutella is so yummy too but I never eat spoonfuls of it… I easily do that with peanut butter! *oink*
5. Favourite Spice Girl and why?
I went through phases but I think I will always like Geri the most! Best hair and attitude in music videos!
6. Did you have an imaginary friend and if so, who was s/he?
I always talked to myself or took at different personas while I was playing but I don’t think I ever had a friend that would have their own seat and eat at the dinner table.
7. Are you still in touch with your first best friend from your childhood?
Yes! Jess since elementary ❤ I will never forget how silly we were as little girls and still today haha. You are the best no matter how near or far we are from each other! It gets hard sometimes with work schedules and now timezone conflicts, but still in contact and am so grateful!
8. Favourite late night snack to binge on?
9. What do you miss about home the most (other than people)?
Asian food… it’s getting to the point where I really miss sushi and pho!
Also reasonable priced cocktails like a CAESER! Gosh that would be heaven in this Swedish summer!
10. Favourite way to waste time?
It has got to be looking at recipes and foodporn!
11. What’s your favourite spot in the current city/town you live in?
Another tough one! There’s a sweet little spot on Lilla Essingen and this is the view:
Thanks for your questions Tina!
Now for the next 11 questions fromThe Mauritian Geographer
1. What was the thing that made you happy today?
Sleeping in, in my comfy bed! After traveling for two weeks before in Italy and this past weekend out of town.. there is really nothing more comfortable than sleeping and waking up in your own soft and fluffy bed!2. If you could be anywhere right now, where would it be?
Visiting my family and friends at home… it’s been almost 7 months now since I moved and long to visit for some homecooked foods, reunions and also bringing over my cute shoes/clothes haha
3. If you could take three items and one person with you to an isolated island, what and who would they be?
My meatball, there’s no one else that could probably stand being stuck on an island with me than him haha!!! What to bring?
A volleyball that can also function as a football so we can become an allstar team, a guitar as we will all the time in the world to figure out how to play it and create songs, and lastly a yoga book so I can attempt to master it!
4. What is that one thing on your bucket list you think you’d never cross off?
Riding a motorcycle on my own
5. Describe your ideal vacation spot.
Anywhere with excellent wine, sun and a great view!
6. Which period in history do you wish you could go back to, and why?
The roaring twenties and to attend Gatsby like parties!
7. What’s your favourite time of the day?
In the evening when I’m sitting lazily on the couch or out in the park next to my meatball … and the screaming kids have stopped screaming in the neighbourhood… 😛
8. Which book or film has marked you the most?
Not sure… I’m sure I have been influenced by all I’ve read or seen. I have a memory like a fish sometimes… when I novels or watch movies, I only remember about half of the details… Maybe The Lion King!
9. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
Oi… really there have been many… I just try to shake these off and live life 🙂
10. What’s the craziest thing that has happened to you during your travels?
I had a pleasant neighbor a plane ride to Stockholm once… I guess he enjoyed my company and decided to treat me to the train ride into the city and then his private driver drove me to my hostel……. all out of kindness!
11. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
practiced swimming more! I’m such a bad swimmer now -.- ……. makes swimming out in the open and cliff jumping a little more scary.
So there you have it… a little more about me!
And now for my nominees!
Travel Morgan Travel
Liene Goes To Sweden
Here are my 11 questions for you all:
1. Why/what inspired you to start your blog?
2. What is your favourite comfort food?
3. What is a something you would like to do/accomplish by the end of the year?
4. Chocolate or candies?
5. What is your favourite animal?
6. Describe your favourite memory or place from your travels.
7. What is your favourite quote and by whom?
8. Describe yourself in three words
9. Where would you like to visit on your next travel?
10. Name one of your favourite fictional characters from film/book or TV.
11. What is your personal mantra?
Looking forward to your replies!